I’m so in love with fashion in Barcelona and their street style!
Fashion in Barcelona gave me inspiration. Spain is in my blood! Even if I’m originally from Venezuela and I live in Italy, I can’t avoid being in love with the Spanish colors, style, food, music, people and architecture.
Have you ever watched the film Vicky and Cristina in Barcelona? Well, Woody Allen actually convinces and conquers me with that movie, after I watched it I’d realized I needed to visit that city urgently, to understand better the fashion in Barcelona and all that artistic allure that characterize the city!
The story of two thousand years is etched into its roman remains, Gothic churches and amazing mansions, especially the dreamlike landmark buildings of Gaudi, and the perfect frame of the seaside made this city a breathtaking place.
I believe that if you pay attention to the fashion in Barcelona you’ll realize that it is influenced by Gaudi, with a touch of Mirò.. there is some surrealism in all that creative proposals.
“I can describe the style of local people as comfortable, relaxed and colorful. Their way of mixing and matching the garments is extremely creative, from the way they dress up till the way they do their hair.”
Nowadays, fashion in Barcelona is very determinate by the presence of the fast fashion company Mango, which don’t get me wrong, I like and purchase, but as well by the time I was there I discovered other amazing local labels that trust me, offer beautiful alternative collections with a high end finishing.
So if you want to discover some of this Spanish labels & showrooms in Barcelona I’d rather suggest you to try:
- Maria Dolores
- Nuria serra
- Showroom Marina Robles with a selection of French and Scandinavian brands, this is an exception since they don’t offer Spanish brands in their showroom but the atmosphere and the collections are amazing and they are based in Barcelona.At the end of the day after doing shopping and visiting the city you must be starving, so here you have my selection of favorite restaurants to try:
- El nacional. A place to be seen! Restaurant in Barcelona where you can taste traditional Spanish dishes made with high quality products. Located on Passeig de Gràcia.
- Vinitus: to enjoy a really good Tapas. Address: Carrer del Consell de Cent, 333
- Estimar If you feel passion for sea products, Estimar is the place to go. The Chef Rafa Zafra will make you live an unforgettable experience.
- Los Martinez Restaurante & Bar located at Carrer de Badajoz. A cult place to enjoy delicious Spanish food.
Besides the fashion in Barcelona, if you’re in the city you can’t miss the Must- see list of iconic places to visit. I hope this tips are going to be useful for you.
- La Sagrada Familia: unfinished church by Gaudi
- Picasso Museum. Permanent collection of Picasso’s early years in Barcelona.This is one of my favorite attraction in the city.
- Las Ramblas – Barcelona’s most famous walking street
- Park Guell – Gaudi’s modernist park on Carmel hill
Are you thinking about my outfits? this was the result of being inspired by Fashion in Barcelona, I decided to style myself in the exact one I felt during my trip.
“You know how they say Less is More, well during my trip I felt More than Less. Often I feel an explosion of colors and emotions inside myself, so Why not just trying, exploring and playing with your style? Don’t treat yourself so seriously, and better let’s enjoy playing with our style, in constant mutation”
This was my personal experience in a surprise weekend, someone Very special prepared for me. If you will visit or have ever visited some of this stores, restaurants, places, in Barcelona, leaves us a comment below telling us about your experience!! Enjoy your trip!
Special thanks to PSM’s Shooting Team: